Thursday, December 1 2016
TIME: 5:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Special Business Meeting
The Board will discuss curbside refuse and recycling services to be provided during 2017.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at 921-5224.
TOWN OF TAYCHEEDAH
SPECIAL BUSINESS MEETING
DECEMBER 1, 2016
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Town Board Members present: Chairman Jerry Guelig, Supervisors Clarence Kraus, Jim Rosenthal and Tim Simon. Excused: Supervisor John Abler. Also present: Clerk Brenda Schneider and Lonn Walter, Advanced Disposal.
1. Call to order. Chairman Guelig called the meeting to order at 5:00 p.m.
2. The Board will meet to discuss curbside refuse and recycling services to be provided during 2017.
The Board was briefed on the following:
• Jason Johnson, Advanced Disposal, met with Chairman Guelig and Clerk Schneider on 11/29/16.
• Advanced had submitted an Agreement for services that they expected to Town to sign.
o The Agreement was not reviewed by the Town's attorney.
o The Town's Request for Proposals (RFP) included a contractual document that Advanced did not execute and return prior to this week.
o Guelig and Schneider noticed some conflicts between the Town's RFP and the Agreement from Advanced that had the potential to substantially change the current service in undesirable ways.
o Johnson agreed to ignore their Agreement and sign the Town's contractual document. Said signed document was received earlier today.
• Advanced will offer special walk-up services to residents who would suffer unnecessary hardship by hauling their carts to the end of their driveway or it would be impractical for them to do so by reason of physical or medical condition. This service is over and above the requirements listed in the RFP.
• Johnson was reminded that the RFP does not require household to use the carts, particularly those will unusually long driveways. He was also reminded that the RFP requires Advanced to remove excess bagged materials placed on top of carts or next to carts.
• After talking with Guelig and Schneider about the volume of households that have requested the largest refuse cart in the past and the requirement to collect excess materials not placed in the carts, Johnson decided to provide the 96 gallon carts to all household. Advanced will swap out carts for any households wanting the smaller cart.
• Advanced has ordered the new carts. The carts will be delivered to households by the end of December. The carts will include the 2017 service calendar and other informational material.
• Advance will be doing a mailing in the next couple of weeks. Schneider also plans to include a notice with the property tax bills regarding the change in service provider.
3. Adjournment. Motion by Jerry Guelig, second by Tim Simon, to adjourn the meeting at 5:18 p.m. Motion carried (4-0).
Brenda A. Schneider, Clerk
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home