Taycheedah Sanitary District #3
Wednesday, January 11 2017
TIME: 6:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at Tommy J's Bar, Johnsburg
Special Business Meeting
1. Call to order.
2. Consideration and action regarding pump issues at the Cty. QQ lift station.
3. Adjournment of the special meeting.
Brenda A. Schneider
TAYCHEEDAH SANITARY DISTRICT #3
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
JANUARY 11, 2017
TOMMY J's BAR, JOHNSBURG
Members present: President Bill Gius, Commissioners John Rickert and Mike Sabel, and Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
1. Call to order. President Gius called the meeting to order at 6:00 p.m.
2. Consideration and possible action regarding pump issues at the Cty. QQ lift station. A couple of weeks ago, one of the pumps went down. Sometime late last Friday the second pump went down. By Sunday afternoon, January 7th, the station flooded. The Commission was alerted to the situation when a nearby homeowner called regarding water in the basement.
Sabel Mechanical was called in immediately. A mop-head had clogged the impellor and the chain was covered with knotted fibrous material. The foreign materials were removed, the pump was tested and re-installed into the station.
The Commission received the following quotes for the replacement of the first pump:
• $4,456.00 LW Allen 3 hp/3-phase with a recessed impellor
• $4,376.00 WW Electric 3 hp/3-phase pump with the same impellor as the former pump
The estimate to repair the second pump is $1,695.00. The repair would involve replacing the battered impellor.
Speedy Clean will remove the wastewater and remaining debris when the new pump is installed.
Motion by Mike Sabel, second by John Rickert, to order an impellor for pump 1, noting that repairs to pump 1 will be done as soon as pump 2 is re-installed. Motion carried (3-0).
The Missions system is reportedly programmed to send alerts and alarm messages to all three Commissioners. No one received messages regarding the flooding of the station; however, the alerts are noted on Missions' website. Hal Henderson will be contacted regarding the programming of the system.
The homeowner will be contacted regarding the extent of any damage.
The District's insurance agent will be contacted in reference to potential claims.
3. Adjournment. Motion by Bill Gius, second by Mike Sabel, to adjourn the meeting at 6:41 p.m. Motion carried (3-0).
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home