Board of Appeals
Thursday, March 9 2017
TIME: 7:30 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
TOWN OF TAYCHEEDAH
FOND DU LAC COUNTY, WISCONSIN
ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that on Thursday, March 9th, 2017, at 7:30 p.m., the Town of Taycheedah Zoning Board of Appeals will conduct a public hearing to consider an amendment to the Conditional Use Permit issued to JNJT, LLC, for the construction and operation of an indoor dog daycare building on a 3.129 acre parcel located at N8072 Hwy 151, in the Town of Taycheedah, Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin.
The hearing is open to the public. Interested parties are encouraged to attend. Town Board members may be in attendance.
Dated this 23rd day of February, 2017.
Brenda A. Schneider, Town Clerk
TOWN OF TAYCHEEDAH
BOARD OF APPEALS
JNJT, LLC/PEEBLES PLAY & STAY KENNEL, LLC
MARCH 9, 2017
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: Vice Chairman John Buechel, Mark Guelig, Joe Sabel, Jason Meyer and Secretary Brenda Schneider. Absent: Tim Marcoe. Also present were few interested persons.
The purpose of the public hearing was to consider an amendment to the Conditional Use Permit issued to JNJT, LLC, for the construction and operation of an indoor dog daycare building. The Board of Appeals granted a CUP to JNJT, LLC, on February 19, 2015.
The Secretary, Brenda Schneider, taped recorded the hearing and took notes.
Vice Chairman Buechel called the public hearing to order at 8:00 p.m. The Secretary read the notice.
Jennifer George and Joel Gudex were sworn in. Their testimony and responses to questions were as follows:
• They propose building a structure to be used as an indoor daycare center.
• Their business has taken off like wildfire. Today, they had a record 34 dogs in daycare.
• They are currently using their boarding facility for daycare due to the demand.
• Every weekend last summer was booked. They had to temporarily stop the daycare in order to handle the boarding demands during major weekends.
• Architect Scott Stellmacher designed the new building.
• The proposed structure will be 50' x 120'. It will have a 14' x 27' x 3' heated indoor pool.
• They propose putting the new building, in a north/south orientation, behind the existing one (per the site plan).
• The new building will accommodate 60 dogs.
• Weather often impacts outdoor activities. The new building is planned to accommodate all activities indoors; however, there will be some outside time.
• The building will be soundproof.
• They've received one complaint. It happened the first weekend that they were able to let the dogs outside. The dogs were outside all day Saturday and Sunday. He immediately talked to the complainant. They have since developed scheduled times/routines for outdoor activities.
• It is of utmost importance to them to keep the neighbors happy and address customers' needs.
• All activities are supervised.
• Dog waste is removed from the building daily. It is disposed of in a dumpster.
• They prefer to keep the west tree line for a sound barrier. They plan to add more trees in front of the existing building. They've also added tarps to the fence between the large and small dog areas.
• They have 24-hour surveillance with sound.
• There will be no overnight dogs in the new daycare building.
Dan Schwark, N8102 Hwy. 151, lives two doors to the north of the business.
• The owners have been very accommodating to the needs of the neighborhood.
• He feels the building would be a good step for them to grow their business.
Vice Chairman Buechel declared the public hearing closed at 8:16 p.m.
Seeing no further questions or concerns, motion by Vice Chairman Buechel, second by Mark Gulig, to approve the amendment to the Conditional Use Permit for Peebles Play & Stay Kennel, per the plan as presented.
Roll call vote:
Jason Meyer aye
Joe Sabel aye
Mark Gulig aye
John Buechel aye Motion carried unanimously.
Motion by Mark Gulig, second by John Buechel, to adjourn the public hearing at 8:17 pm. Motion carried (4-0).
Brenda A. Schneider
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home