Monday, May 8 2017
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of meeting minutes.
• Park & Rec. Advisory Council.
• Road Dept. Manager's Report.
Review financial reports.
Approval of Town bills.
1. L&H Gyr Conditional Use Permit
2. Fondy Storage lighting.
3. Discuss procedural requirements for the condemnation of residential structures.
1. Remote Meeting Participation
2. Board of Appeals Appointments
3. Plan Commission Appointments
4. Constable Appointment and reconsider citation authority
5. Park & Rec Appointments
6. Zoning Administrator Appointment
7. Outlying Sewer User Group (OSG) Executive Committee Appointment
8. Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) Appointment
9. Lakeside Municipal Court Appointment
10. Implements of Husbandry (IOH) Permit Issuer
11. Budget Revisions
12. Liaison to Road Maintenance
13. Fisherman's Stormwater Maintenance Agreement/ Fisherman's Estates Subdivision
14. Schedule 2017 Board of Review Meeting
15. Culvert Length
16. Certified Survey Maps
1. Fondy Storage lighting.
2. Discuss procedural requirements for the condemnation of residential structures.
Public comments and questions pertaining to town business
Kristin A. Marcoe, Clerk
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information, or to request this service, please contact Kris Marcoe at 921-5224.
MONTHLY BOARD MEETING
MAY 8, 2017
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: Chairman Joe Thome, Supervisors John Abler, Jim Rosenthal II and Tim Simon. Excused: Bill Gius. Also present: Clerk Kristin Marcoe, Treasurer Kathy Diederich and Road Maintenance Manager Randy Rieder.
Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance:
Chairman Thome called the meeting to order at 7:01pm. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Reorder of Agenda:
Chairman Thome asked to reorder the agenda item to discuss remote meeting participation.
Remote Meeting Participation:
Consideration of Town Board Members to participate in the monthly Board Meeting remotely. Bill Gius received information from the Wisconsin Towns Association Attorney indicating physical presence is understood as a matter of law however; the board could approve a policy to allow remote meeting participation. The Board would need to vote for a policy to take effect immediately. A policy would need to be in place to allow Board Members only remote access (audio or video) for future meetings. Questions included the language of the policy, the number of remote members allowed per meeting, clarity of the audio on both ends during a meeting and if audience members would be allowed to participate in a similar manner. Joe suggested tabling the topic, run some tests and get a policy written. Motion by Jim Rosenthal II to table and write a policy.
Approval of Meeting Minutes:
Motioned by Tim Simon, second by Jim Rosenthal II, to approve the minutes of the April 10, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting. Motion carried (4-0).
Park & Rec Advisory Council: John Abler reported a meeting is scheduled on Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 6:00pm. Pam Hall has organized a group of people to clean up Kiekhaefer Park on Saturday, May 13, 2017. The Holy Land Snowfliers Club will be cleaning the area around the race track (snow bowl) and have contracted with Abler Tree Removal to assist them with removing 10 stumps at no cost to the Town of Taycheedah based on an in-kind donation agreement.
Road Department Managers Report: Randy informed the Board a boom mower was rented for 40 hours to cut limbs and brush. Road inspection is complete. Bids are written and be submitted timely.
Review Financial Reports:
The April financial reports were presented by Treasurer Kathy Diederich. Lottery credit and transportation aid was received. Form C, which is the reporting of the Towns activity from a municipality perspective is due May 15th and is nearing completion.
Approval of Town Bills:
Motioned by Tim Simon, second by John Abler to approve the bills (order #207-231). Motion carried (4-0).
1. L&H Gyr Conditional Use Permit (CUP): Chairman Thome discussed with Attorney John St. Peter and advised a notification be sent giving them 2 months to apply for a CUP. Since this discussion Attorney Bill Everson; representing L&H Gyr, contacted Clerk Marcoe asking to be taken off the Town Board agenda and placed on the Board of Appeals agenda. The County approved the reclamation permit in April 2003. Jim Rosenthal II inquired how long a permit is valid and if late fees exist. Treasurer Diederich inquired if a policy existed to access late fees. Motion by Joe Thome to require L&H Gyr to apply for the conditional use permit within 2 months, amended by Jim Rosenthal II to add if failure to apply within 60 days the pit will be closed after day 90 - on the advice of the Towns Attorney, second by John Abler on motion and amendment. Motion carried (4-0)
2. Fondy Storage Lighting: Past Chairman Jerry Guelig has talked to them previously. The lights on the south side of the property that face north have been shut off due to complaints received from residence on Sandy Beach Road. The lights that face the south are a distraction to drivers going North on Hwy 151. The ordinance states lighting cannot shine off the property more than 5'. Lighting can be "shielded" to direct the light to their property. A letter should be written to give them a specific timeframe to correct. Motion by Jim Rosenthal II to send a letter stating they have 30 days to adjust their lighting in accordance with the ordinance or enforcement action will follow, second by John Abler. Motion carried (4-0).
3. Procedural requirements for condemnation of residential structures: Move to June 2017 monthly meeting.
4. Plan Commission Meeting for Bertram: Verbal recommendation from Plan Commission to allow the rezoning of the Bertram property from Single-Family Residential District with Public Sewer (R-1) to Two-Family Residential District with Public Sewer (R-3). Motion to accept the Plan Commissions recommendation by John Abler, second by Tim Simon. Motion carried (4-0).
5. Plan Commission Meeting for Diener: Verbal recommendation from Plan Commission to allow the rezoning of the Diener property from Single Family Residential District without Public Sewer (R-2) to Single-Family Residential District with Public Sewer (R-2). Motion to accept the Plan Commissions recommendation by John Abler, second by Jim Rosenthal II. Motion carried (4-0).
1. Board of Appeals Members and expiration dates: Jerome Bord 2020, John Buechel 2018, Tim Marcoe 2019, Joe Sabel 2019, Jason Meyer 2020 and Mark Gulig (alternate) 2018. Mike Holzman asked to be removed. Motion to accept the members by Joe Thome, second by Tim Simon. Motion carried (4-0).
2. Plan Commission Member and expiration dates: Leon Schneider 2018, William Spieker 2020, John Wagner 2019, Joan Simon 2018, Bud Sabel 2018, Joe Thome 2018 (Board Liaison) and Brian Costello 2018. Tim Simon agreed be removed. Motion to accept the members by Jim Rosenthal II, second by John Abler. Motion carried (4-0).
3. Constable Appointment: Two applicants showed interest in the constable job. Ann Simon and Jeff Berg. Supervisor Abler informed the Board of his working knowledge of Jeff Berg and significant qualifications. Motion to appoint Jeff Berg as Constable by John Abler, second by Jim Rosenthal II. Motion carried (4-0).
4. Reconsider Citation Authority: Currently citation authority was taken away from the Constable. John Abler would like to see authority given back to issue citations with limits. In addition to give the constable the powers to hold individuals (judging the safety of each situation) in their presence for law enforcement to arrive. The authority the Constable had in the past was complaints on nuisances; dogs, noise, etc. Joe Thome would like to give him citation authority due to the amount of people in the park and the lighting issues with Fondy Storage. Motion by Jim Rosenthal II to further discuss at a workshop the details of citations, second by John Abler. Motion carried (3-1) Nay-Tim Simon.
5. Park and Rec Appointments: John Abler Chairman, Brenda Schneider unsure, Dave Sehloff, Jim Bertram, John Rickert, Amy Huempfner, Bob Roehrig, Pam Hall and Jerry Kraus. Motion to accept appointments by Jim Rosenthal II, second by Tim Simon.
6. Zoning Administrator Appointment: Past Chairman Jerry Guelig has taken care of this in the past. Paul Birschbach and Jeff Sanders are interested. Paul Birschbach's proposal is outstanding. Jeff Sanders fees are $82.00/hr. More discussion is needed. Joe Thome advised this gets tabled until Paul Birschbach's proposal is received. Motion to table by Jim Rosenthal II, second by John Abler. Motion carried (4-0).
7. Outlying Sewer Group (OSG) Executive Committee: Bill Gius is the appointed representative. Motion to accept by John Abler, second by Jim Rosenthal II. Motion carried (4-0)
8. Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) Appointment: More information is needed regarding this organization and was tabled by Joe Thome.
9. Lakeside Municipal Court Appointment: John Abler has been involved in the past and is familiar with this organization. Jim Rosenthal II motioned to appoint John Abler the representative, second by Joe Thome. Motion carried (4-0).
10. Implements of Husbandry (IOH) Permit User: Jim Rosenthal II asked Clarence Kraus if he would continue acting as the permit issuer. Joe Thome motioned to appoint Clarence Kraus the permit issuer, second by Jim Rosenthal II. Motion carried (4-0).
11. Budget revision: Treasurer Diederich explained that the town approves it budget by major functional categories specifically to allow flexibility within departments. Budget totals are looked at by departments as a whole and not by individual line items within that department. As an example...a department may go over within one of their subcategories while staying below in another. Treasurer Diederich recommended the Town Board looks at the budgets in October rather than looking at on a monthly basis due to the fact that some months carry heavier charges than others. No budgetary revisions were recommended and no further discussion took place.
12. Liaison to Road Maintenance: John Abler explained in past years the chairman was the liaison. Joe Thome agreed to continue with the chairman serving as the liaison. Joe Rosenthal II brought forward an issue with signage on Bob Simon's farm. His farm is located on Taycheedah property while his houses (two on same property) are located on Empire property. One house has a Taycheedah sign and one has an Empire sign. Joe Thome will contact the Town of Empire and let them know the house to the West needs the correct sign (Empire).
13. Fisherman's Stormwater Maintenance Agreement: Joe Thome and Randy Rieder met Paul Tollard at the Fisherman's Estates Subdivision storm water pond due to it not draining. Randy cut some tile to help it drain. Joe Thome informed the Board when subdivisions are built they are turned over to the township. The townships enforce what needs to be done but not do the work. Joe contacted Mike Kruetzer to hire someone to clean up the pond. If the township has to hire someone to maintain and/or fix these ponds the costs are allowed to be added to the tax bills of the owners of the parcel where the pond is located. Outlots go to the developers until the subdivision is completed.
14. Schedule 2017 Board of Review Meeting: Bowmar Appraisals will be notified and a request for their availability for the 2017 open book. Jim Rosenthal II motioned to address the date on June 12, 2017 at 6:30 pm, second by John Abler. Motion carried (4-0).
15. Culvert Length: Randy Rieder stated the ordinance for residential culverts is 100'. Some issues we are experiencing are residents are putting culverts in their yards to "fill-in" the place of the ditch. Future issues will be drainage problems and incorrect landscaping. Property on Ashberry Ave. currently has issues with water drainage. Joe Thome motioned to put in place a 3 month moratorium for culvert length with anything greater than 40', second by John Abler. Motion carried (4-0).
Certified Survey Maps:
Fondy Storage Lighting: addressed during unfinished business
Condo at N7387 Spring Street is believed to be undergoing renovation and no permit is displayed. Town Inspector Paul Birschbach will be notified.
Town of Taycheedah phone system: Jim Rosenthal II asked that the clerk's office hours be added to the phone system.
Motion to adjourn by John Abler, second by Jim Rosenthal II. Motion carried (4-0). Meeting adjourned at 8:47 pm.
Kristin A. Marcoe
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home