Monday, June 12 2017
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of meeting minutes.
• Park & Rec. Advisory Council.
• Road Dept. Manager's Report.
Review financial reports.
Approval of Town bills.
1. Remote Meeting Participation (vote in)
2. Fondy Storage lighting.
3. Procedural requirements for the condemnation of residential structures.
4. Workshop for Citation Authority & possibly Zoning Administrator (?)
5. Zoning Administrator Appointment (vote in)
6. Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) Appointment (vote in)
1. Road Repair Bids
2. Liquor/Beer Licenses
3. Board of Appeals - appoint 2nd alternate
4. Paul Freund - Cheese Factory sale
5. Stormwater Grant
6. Deadwood Rip Rap Project
7. Dead Deer Carcass contract
8. Tom Schmitz lawn
9. Action to approve amended Driveway-Culvert Ordinance
10. Town of Taycheedah credit cards - cancel existing and issuing new
11. Ordinances - updated
12. Certified Survey Maps
1. Fondy Storage lighting.
2. Discuss procedural requirements for the condemnation of residential structures.
Public comments and questions pertaining to town business
Kristin A. Marcoe, Clerk
Member present: Chairman Joe Thome, Supervisors John Abler, Bill Gius, Jim Rosenthal II and Tim Simon. Also present: Clerk Kristin Marcoe, Treasurer Kathy Diederich and Road Maintenance Manager Randy Rieder.
Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance:
Chairman Thome called the meeting to order at 7:00pm. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of Meeting Minutes:
Motioned by Tim Simon, second by Joe Thome, to approve the minutes of the May 8, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting with the correction to the Supervisors name in New Business #12; name changed from Joe Rosenthal II to Jim Rosenthal II. Motion carried (5-0).
Park & Rec Advisory Council: John Abler reported woodchips were placed in the playground area. The Herman's shelter project will start soon. Kiekhaefer Park is in need of mowing. A new trash receptacle was delivered to the Scenic Overlook.
Road Department Managers Report: Randy informed the Board pricing for a new truck chassis will be received by the end of the month. Ditches are being mowed and he has encountered numerous real estate signs at intersections. The road maintenance department has the authority to remove any unauthorized signage in the right-of-way and bring to the Town Hall. The culvert on Tower Road needs to be addressed.
Review Financial Reports:
The May financial reports were presented by Treasurer Kathy Diederich. May was a slower month. Received revenues from building permits and refuse/recycling. Sent billings for snowplowing for beach roads and street light charges. Some costs will incur within the Treasurer's and Clerks budget to update the computer software and network the existing computers. Motioned by Joe Thome, second by Jim Rosenthal II to approve the financial report. Motion carried (5-0).
Approval of Town Bills:
Motioned by John Abler, second by Bill Gius to approve the bills (order #232-260). Motion carried (5-0).
Tabling vs. Postponing:
Chairman Thome shared some clarification on tabling items from the May 8, 2017. The correct process is to postpone an item. Items that are "tabled" need to be voted upon in order to become an agenda item at the next monthly meeting. This can lead to lengthy delays.
1. Remote Meeting Participation: Tabled during May 8, 2017 meeting. Vote to add to July 10th agenda; motioned by Bill Gius, second by Chairman Thome. Motion Carried (3-2) Nay Jim Rosenthal II and Tim Simon.
2. Fondy Storage and Lighting: Chairman Thome met with Bob Kliman and an electrician at the facility. The lights were adjusted according to the ordinance and Chairman Thome believes the lighting issue is resolved.
3. Procedural Requirements for Condemnation of Residence: Chairman Thome informed the board the procedures are in place. The Town Board can proceed forward with condemning properties. The town's attorney will work with us throughout the process. Two properties within the township were briefly discussed. A motion was made by Chairman Thome to send letters to the property owners to clean up their properties, cut grass, etc., second by Jim Rosenthal II. Motioned carried (5-0).
4. Workshop for Citation Authority & possible Zoning Administrator: Chairman Thome has been working on this with Paul Birschbach and Jeff Sanders. Past Chairman Jerry Guelig has taken care of zoning in the past. Bill Gius motioned a workshop be scheduled to further discuss, second by John Abler. Motion carried (5-0). Meeting scheduled June 29, 2017 at 7:00pm.
5. Zoning Administrator Appointment: Tabled during May 8, 2017 meeting. Vote to add to July 10th agenda; motioned by Jim Rosenthal II, second by Chairman Thome. Motion Carried (5-0).
6. Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) Appointment: Tabled during May 8, 2017 meeting. Vote to add to July 10th agenda; motioned by Chairman Thome, second by John Abler. Motion Carried (5-0).
Chairman Thome asked to reorder the New Business Items to address the Certified Survey Maps.
1. Wolf: A Certified Survey Map was submitted on behalf of Don Wolf to rezone Lot 1 from Farmland Preservation to General AG, leaving Lot 2 to remain Farmland Preservation. Mr. Wolf wants to sell some of his property to his daughter. Motioned by Bill Gius to postpone, second by John Abler. Motion Carried (5-0).
2. Diener: A Certified Survey Map was submitted on behalf of Dallas Diener to rezone two (2) reconfigured lots to R1 and reconfigured Lot 2 which will remain R2. Chairman Thome motioned to approve the Certified Survey map, seconded by Jim Rosenthal II. Motion Carried (5-0).
3. Paul Freund - Cheese Factory sale: Paul Freund has offered to sell to the Town of Taycheedah the old cheese factory located on his property at W3695 Ledge Road, Malone. The building is a legal non-conforming structure and approximately 40% is located within the towns' right-of-way. Mr. Freund is only selling the building and will retain ownership of the land. Chairman Thome shared a letter of concern from a town resident unable to attend the meeting. Residents voiced recommendations of making the intersection a 3-way stop, possible speed limit change, rumble strips and widening the road. Bill Gius suggested the Town get an assessment of the property. Tim Simon inquired of the legality of the town purchasing real estate with town elector approval. He recommended obtaining legal opinion. Motioned by Jim Rosenthal II to research if a Town Electors meeting is needed, obtain legal advice and how this would be funded, second by Bill Gius. Motion Carried (5-0).
4. Road Repair Bids: Randy discussed in detail the following:
a. Crack filling: Deadwood Point will be deleted due to the deteriorated condition of the road. Farner awarded the work, less Deadwood Point. Motioned by Chairman Thome, second by Jim Rosenthal II. Motion Carried (5-0).
b. 1.5" Overlay: #1 (Lakeview Road) and #2 (Bittersweet Lane) awarded to Fond Du Lac County. #3 (Taynette Circle, Schuster Lane), #4 (Fairfield Drive, Fairfield Circle and Linden Drive) and #5 (Golf Course Drive) awarded to Northeast Asphalt. Motioned by John Abler, second by Bill Gius. Motion Carried (5-0).
c. Wedge/Chip Seal: Scott Construction awarded the work with option #1. Motioned by Chairman Thome, second by Jim Rosenthal II. Motion Carried (5-0).
5. Liquor Licenses: Motion by Tim Simon, second by Jim Rosenthal II to approve the following licenses:
• GAVA, LLC Sunset on the Water Grill & Bar Class B Liquor/Beer
• Silica Pub, LLC Silica Pub Class B Liquor/Beer
• Allen Sabel, Steffes' Tavern & Restaurant Class B Liquor/Beer
• Urban Fuel and Company Class B Liquor/Beer
• CnD Specialties, Inc., Eden Grill Class B Beer and Wine
• CnD Specialties, Inc., Ledgeview Express Class A Liquor/Beer
• RD Mart, LLC., Lakeview Mart, Class A Liquor/Beer License
Motion carried (5-0).
6. Board of Appeals - appoint 2nd alternate: Chairman Thome postponed to July 10, 2017 Town Board Meeting.
7. Storm Water Grant: Chairman Thome received correspondence from the Department of Natural Resources regarding a grant that will benefit the Town of Taycheedah next year.
8. Deadwood Rip Rap: Proposals were received from Mark Mand Excavating and Jason Guelig Excavating. Motioned by John Abler to award work to Mark Mand Excavating for $6,430.00, second by Bill Gius. Motion Carried (4-1). Tim Simon abstain.
9. Dead Deer Carcass: The Town of Taycheedah will continue to align with the County contract at a fee of $7.30 per month billed at the end of the year. Motion to accept by Chairman Thome, second by Jim Rosenthal II. Motion Carried (5-0).
10. Tom Schmitz lawn: Chairman Thome mentioned every year the town cuts his lawn. Jim Rosenthal II informed the members the grass in the back lawn is currently knee high. Tim Simon motioned to send a letter asking the property to be mowed by June 30, 2017, second by Bill Gius. Motion Carried (5-0).
11. Driveway - Culvert Ordinance: Chairman Thome and Randy Rieder met with Attorney Parmetier to have the existing ordinance rewritten. Motion to adopt the revised ordinance by John Abler, second by Jim Rosenthal II. Motion Carried (5-0).
12. Town of Taycheedah Credit Cards: Treasurer Diederich informed the Board that National Exchange Bank needs approval at the board level to remove Mike Sabel and Brenda Schneider and add Randy Rieder and Kristin Marcoe to the Town of Taycheedah credit card. Motion to approve by Chairman Thome, second by Tim Simon. Motion Carried (5-0).
13. Ordinances Updated: Chairman Thome stated it is difficult to locate the ordinances on the website along with updates and corrections. Treasurer Diederich confirmed the ordinances on the computers in the clerk's office, the ordinance books and the website are different. The goal is to go through all the ordinances and make sure the most current is posted on the website. This will take some time and look into contracting this work. Networking the two computers and upgrading the speed and programs in the clerk's office was discussed briefly. These computers need to interact with each other as pertinent information is on each computer needed by the Town.
1. Fondy Storage Lighting: addressed during unfinished business
2. Discuss procedural requirements for the condemnation of residential structures: addressed during unfinished business.
• Resident noticed a van unloading a large amount of bulky waste on another resident's property. Chairman Thome suggested he contact the police.
• Resident asked the Board about the trash burning ordinance as he received conflicting information from past members. His neighbor is burning garbage. Chairman Thome said we will send a letter with a copy of the burning ordinance.
• L&H Gyr - Resident has issued a complaint of trucking into the pits after 6:00pm, one arriving at 6:15pm and another at 6:20pm. Also asked if the wall issue could be added to the July 10, 2017 meeting agenda. The painting of the wall required is the topic. A second color was used and it was painted level to the weed height and not to the ground.
Motion to adjourn by Jim Rosenthal II, second by John Abler. Motion carried (5-0). Meeting adjourned at 9:00 pm.
Kristin A. Marcoe
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home