Taycheedah Sanitary District #3
Thursday, June 22 2017
TIME: 5:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of the minutes of the 5/23/17 meeting.
Approval of bills.
Sewer System Maintenance:
1) Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
a. Run time/flow reports.
b. Lift stations and grinder pump stations.
c. Other maintenance and operational issues.
2) Clearwater inspections.
a. Church Road.
b. Re-inspection of structures under remediation orders.
1) Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Town of Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3.
1) Review amendments to the Sewer Service Are as proposed by East Central Wisconsin Regional Planning.
Schedule the next meeting.
Public comments and questions pertaining to District business.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, that upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at email@example.com.
TAYCHEEDAH SANITARY DISTRICT #3
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
JUNE 22, 2017
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: President Bill Gius and Commissioners John Rickert and Mike Sabel. Also present: Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
Call to order. President Gius called the meeting to order at 5:15 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of minutes. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to approve the minutes of the May 23rd Monthly Meeting, as distributed. Motion carried (3-0).
Approval of bills. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to approve the bills (order #64-77), totaling $10,893.08. Motion carried (3-0). The Commission remains unaware as to the current location of the two pumps Sabel Mechanical removed from the Church Road lift station.
Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to authorize the following:
• Transfer $10,000.00 from Operations/User Charge Account to the regular checking account, and
• Transfer $134.56 from the Operations/Inspection Account to the regular checking account.
Motion carried (3-0).
Sewer System Maintenance:
1. Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
a. Run time/flow reports. May pump run time reports for all lift stations were distributed and reviewed. The Commission discussed directional borings done by Intercon in the area of Schuster Lane. It was noted that televising was completed in this area last year and that no leaks were found. There is a manhole at Badger Lane and Billene Drive that is underwater in the ditch. This manhole likely needs grout and seal replacement. There are a couple of other manholes in the vicinity that are at ditch grade. Mike Sabel will take care of the modifications.
b. Lift stations and grinder pump stations. LED bulbs are planned for the stations. The electrical panels, sockets and relays need to be inspected.
The floats were replaced on the Braun station; two days later the system would not shut off. The Adams station also needs a new float.
c. Other maintenance and operational issues. The Commission consensus was to not contract for televising this year, noting that it is too late in the season. However, a few areas of high flow may be considered. Mike Sabel will do a few visual manhole inspections and raise the two manholes on Badger Lane.
2. Clearwater Inspections.
a. Church Road. Due to elevated flows, particularly during wet weather, Church Road has been televised twice over the past few years. All homes were inspected once. Flows continued to be erratic. The Inspection Team re-inspected all but one of the homes. They will continue to attempt re-inspection.
b. Re-inspection of structures under remediation orders. There are two structures with prior-year remediation orders that have yet to be re-inspected for compliance. The Team currently is concentrating on finishing Badger Lane and Evergreen Court.
1. Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Town of Taycheedah Sanitary District #3. The matter was tabled pending further review.
1. Review amendments to the Sewer Service Area as proposed by East Central Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission. Revised population projections are expected during the next joint quarterly meeting.
Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting is tentatively scheduled for July 19th, at 6:00 p.m., at the Taycheedah Town Hall. Also, the OSG Annual Meeting will be July 20th and the next joint quarterly sanitary district meeting is planned for July 27th.
Public Comment. None presented.
Adjournment. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to adjourn the meeting at 6:00 p.m. Motion carried (3-0).
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home