Taycheedah Sanitary District #3
Tuesday, August 1 2017
TIME: 5:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of the minutes of the 6/22/17 meeting.
Approval of bills.
Sewer System Maintenance:
1) Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
a. Run time/flow reports.
b. Lift stations and grinder pump stations.
c. Other maintenance and operational issues.
2) Clearwater inspections.
a. Status of annual inspections.
b. Church Road.
c. Re-inspection of structures under remediation orders.
1) Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Town of Taycheedah Sanitary District No. 3.
1) Review and accept the Compliance Maintenance Annual Report (CMAR) as required by the Wisconsin Dept. of Natural Resources.
Schedule the next meeting.
Public comments and questions pertaining to District business.
Brenda A. Schneider
Please note, that upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information or to request this service, please contact Brenda Schneider at email@example.com.
TAYCHEEDAH SANITARY DISTRICT #3
MONTHLY COMMISSION MEETING
AUGUST 1, 2017
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Members present: President Bill Gius and Commissioners John Rickert and Mike Sabel. Also present: Recording Secretary Brenda Schneider.
Call to order. President Gius called the meeting to order at 5:01 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of minutes. Motion by Bill Gius, second by Mike Sabel, to approve the minutes of the June 22nd Monthly Meeting, as distributed. Motion carried (2-0).
Approval of bills. Motion by Bill Gius, second by Mike Sabel, to approve the bills (order #78-92), totaling $30,688.74. Motion carried (2-0). The Commission remains unaware as to the current location of the two pumps Sabel Mechanical removed from the Church Road lift station.
Motion by Bill Gius, second by Mike Sabel, to authorize the following:
• Transfer $31,000.00 from Operations/User Charge Account to the regular checking account, and
• Transfer $269.13 from the Operations/Inspection Account to the regular checking account.
Motion carried (2-0).
Sewer System Maintenance:
1. Consideration and possible action regarding general maintenance and operational issues.
a. Run time/flow reports. June pump run time reports for all lift stations were distributed and reviewed. There is a manhole at Badger Lane and Billene Drive that is underwater in the ditch. This manhole likely needs grout and seal replacement. There are a couple of other manholes in the vicinity that are at ditch grade. Mike Sabel will take care of the modifications.
Commissioner Rickert arrived at 5:00 pm.
b. Lift stations and grinder pump stations. The floats were replaced on the Braun station; two days later the system would not shut off. This problem also happened last month. Last Sunday, Mike Sabel did a complete electrical re-boot. This action finally caused the pumps to shut off.
Sabel Mechanical also replaced floats at the Adams and Lindberg stations.
Commissioner Rickert believes Sabel Mechanical should be required to contact the District when they perform emergency response. He's been on a couple of calls lately that were recently visited by Sabel. Rickert noted that it would be beneficial to know what's been checked and what's been repaired when trying to troubleshoot a problem.
c. Other maintenance and operational issues. The Commission consensus was to obtain an estimate to televise the area of Schuster Lane in response to concerns regarding directional boring done by Intercon in the area.
Mike Sabel will do a few visual manhole inspections and raise the two manholes on Badger Lane.
2. Clearwater Inspections.
a. Status of annual inspections. The team has been working on this year's round of inspections. A violation on Evergreen Court was discovered.
b. Church Road. Due to past issues with elevated flows, particularly during wet weather, Church Road has been televised twice over the past few years. All homes were inspected once. Flows continued to be erratic. The Inspection Team re-inspected all but one of the homes. They will continue to attempt re-inspection.
c. Re-inspection of structures under remediation orders. There now remains only one structure with prior-year remediation orders that have yet to be re-inspected for compliance. Sabel's issue has been resolved.
1. Discuss the Agreement for the Allocation of Costs and Transportation of Wastewater Between Sanitary District No. 1 of the Town of Taycheedah and Town of Taycheedah Sanitary District #3. During the July 27th Joint Sanitary District Meeting, the group discussed inconsistencies in the language used within the proposed agreement as compared to the 2000 Wastewater Agreement between the City of Fond du Lac and the Outlying Sewer Group. Brenda Schneider was asked to share her critique. The Commission directed Schneider to not distribute it until after TSD#3 has a workshop meeting to review the document. This workshop meeting may be held in conjunction with the August commission meeting.
1. Review and accept the Compliance Maintenance Annual Report (CMAR) as required by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources. Motion by Bill Gius, second by Mike Sabel, to accept the Report and submit it to the DNR. Motion carried (3-0).
Report on the Outlying Sewer Group Annual Meeting held on July 20th. President Gius reported that the DNR is in the process of considering a postponement of the implementation of the new limitations on phosphorus levels in Lake Winnebago. The City of Fond du Lac proposes including $21 million in their 2018 budget for equipment. The OSG members objected to this premature allocation. The City continues to research methods of phosphorus reduction. It was noted that the City also plans to include an additional $4 million in their 2018 budget for ammonia reduction.
Schedule the next meeting. The next meeting is scheduled for August 23rd, at 5:00 p.m.
Public Comment. None presented.
Adjournment. Motion by Bill Gius, second by John Rickert, to adjourn the meeting at 5:36 p.m. Motion carried (3-0).
Brenda A. Schneider, District Recording Secretary
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home