Monday, August 14 2017
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of meeting minutes.
• Park & Rec. Advisory Council.
• Road Dept. Manager's Report.
Review financial reports.
• Approval of Town bills.
1. L&H Gyr wall
2. Fence Ordinance: N8161 Meadow Drive
3. Town Assessor Bid
4. Citation Powers
5. OSG - Meeting Update
6. Zoning Administrator Appointment
1. FdL Running Club Annual Run
2. Board of Appeals training workshop
3. Liquor License Reapprove (15 day waiting period)
a. Pamela's Bar & Grille
b. East Shore Conservation Club
4. Overhead Door - Town Garage
5. Certified Survey Maps
Public comments and questions pertaining to town business
Kristin A. Marcoe, Clerk
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information, or to request this service, please contact Kristin Marcoe at 921-5224.
NOTE.....MINUTES TO BE APPROVED 9-11-17
MONTHLY BOARD MEETING
August 14, 2017
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Member present: Chairman Joe Thome, Supervisors John Abler, Bill Gius, Jim Rosenthal II and Tim Simon. Also present: Clerk Kristin Marcoe, Treasurer Kathy Diederich and Road Maintenance Manager Randy Rieder.
Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance:
Chairman Thome called the meeting to order at 7:00pm. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of Meeting Minutes:
Motioned by Jim Rosenthal II, second by Tim Simon, to approve the minutes of the July 10, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting. Motion carried (5-0).
Park & Rec. Advisory Council: John Abler stated Kiekhaefer Park is starting to dry up from the abundant rain. The Herman's Park pavilion project is progressing as the shelter is currently framed up and roof work is in progress.
Road Department Managers Report: Randy Rieder informed the Board that Fahrner Asphalt Sealers completed the contracted crack-filling project. Randy mentioned the upcoming chip-sealing process may be messy. This is a two-stage process and asked for everyone's patience until complete. Weeds along the roads were mowed a second time. Randy, Chairman Thome and Mark Fett met to discuss road conditions on Deadwood Point Beach Road. The meeting was constructive and positive and a resolution for the road issues is underway and moving forward.
Review Financial Reports:
The July financial reports were presented by Treasurer Kathy Diederich. There is adequate cash to pay for the July invoices. Northeast Asphalt's invoice is not included as the contract states payment will be made in October 2017. Revenues were recorded from government sources (State shared, Fire Insurance and State Transportation Aid). The triannual payroll will be included in the August statements. Motioned by Jim Rosenthal II, second by John Abler to approve the financial report. Motion carried (5-0).
Approval of Town Bills:
Simply Elite Cleaning Service's July 2017 bill was discussed and denied for payment. Motioned by Chairman Thome, second by Bill Gius to approve the bills (order #298-350). Motion carried (5-0).
1. L&H Gyr Wall: Chairman Thome and John Abler met with Attorney Matt Parmentier to discuss the block wall. Attorney Parmentier stated the ordinance as written lends itself to interpretation and added as long as L&H Gyr is in compliance with the ordinance, as the Town interprets them, the Town cannot do anymore. Joe Newhouse from L&H Gyr confirmed the Town asked him to finish painting the block wall. Mr. Newhouse received word the painting was complete but did not physically inspect. He also informed the Board Members L&H Gyr is in compliance with MSHA. Bill Gius expressed the Towns ordinances state certain parameters and is a guideline. He feels additional action is outside the Boards authority. Mike Blank mentioned some blocks are broken and would like the holes plugged. Chairman Thome motioned to complete the painting of the block wall using the existing color, second by John Abler. Motion Carried (5-0).
2. Fence Ordinance: N8161 Meadow Drive: Chairman Thome met with Attorney Parmentier to discuss the type of fence constructed on Meadow Drive. Attorney Parmentier felt it was in in compliance with the existing ordinance. Chairman Thome motioned to accept the existing fence, second by Jim Rosenthal II. Motion Carried (5-0).
3. Town Assessor Bid: Chairman Thome received a one-year and three-year proposal from Bowmar Appraisal Inc. A motion to accept the three-year contract by Jim Rosenthal II, second by Bill Gius. Motion Carried (5-0).
4. Citation Powers: Chairman Thome and John Abler met with the Attorney Parmentier to discuss citation powers. Attorney Parmentier advised us to continue to be a member of the Municipal Courts. Suggested citation powers for discussion purposes only may include park regulations, animal control, disorderly conduct, vandalism, littering and unauthorized signs in the highway right-of-way. The Attorney advised the Board to review the Town of Fond du Lac's ordinance regarding grass cutting and use as a guideline. Chairman Thome would like to leave citation powers open to discussion. Bill Gius suggested animal control and building code violations be a part of the citation list. Jim Rosenthal agrees with park control citations. Tim Simon agrees with animal control and Town Park properties. Bill Gius added citation ordinances outside animal control and Town park properties would be at the direction of the Town Board when there is lack of resolution. Chairman Thome reminded everyone that the board's discussion tonight is to gather ideas. Motioned by Chairman Thome that John Abler create a detailed spreadsheet of citations and postponed discussion to the September monthly town board meeting, second by Tim Simon. Motion Carried (5-0).
5. OSG - Meeting Update: Supervisor Gius attended the annual OSG meeting and summarized the phosphorus compliance options. He shared the MDV (Multidischarger Variance) applied for was approved by the DNR.
6. Zoning Administrator Appointment: Paul Birschbach of Birschbach Inspection Service Inc. supplied a service contract for the Town Board Members review. Jim Rosenthal II motioned to accept the contract, second by John Abler. Motion Carried (5-0).
1. FdL Running Club Annual Run: Katie Gelling of the FdL Running Club asked the board to approve a trail run on September 12, 2017 from 6pm-8pm. A certificate of insurance from the running club will be supplied. Motioned by John Abler to approve, second by Bill Gius. Motion carried (5-0).
2. Board of Appeals training workshop: A training workshop will be held on September 27, 2017 at 6:00pm at the Friendship Town Hall. The Board of Appeals Members and Town Board Members were notified and are encouraged to attend.
3. Liquor License Re-approval: Clerk Marcoe was informed liquor license renewal applications must be held for no less than 15 days prior to the Town Boards renewal action. Attorney Parmentier recommended the Town Board "ratify and confirm" these applications. This does not affect the owners' current operations and ensures final approval of their application was more than 15 days after receipt. The liquor licenses involved were for Pamela's Bar & Grille and East Shore Conservation Club. Motioned to approve by Chairman Thome, second by Bill Gius. Motion carried (5-0).
4. Overhead Door - Town Garage - Road Maintenance Manager Randy Rieder received bids for a new overhead door for the old portion of the shop. Treasurer Kathy Diederich informed the board the budget will allow for a new door which is approximately $3,100.00. Motion to approve by Chairman Thome, second by John Abler. Motion carried. (5-0)
5. Certified Survey Maps: None were presented.
Motion to adjourn by Bill Gius, second by Jim Rosenthal II. Motion carried (5-0). Meeting adjourned at 8:30 pm.
Kristin A. Marcoe
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home