Monday, September 11 2017
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
TOWN OF TAYCHEEDAH
Monthly Board Meeting
Monday, September 11th, 2017
7:00 p.m., at the Town Hall
W4295 Kiekhaefer Parkway
Fond du Lac, WI
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of meeting minutes.
• Park & Rec. Advisory Council.
• Road Dept. Manager's Report.
Review financial reports.
• Approval of Town bills.
1. Citation Powers
2. Freund Cheese Factory
1. Appoint Intergovernmental Cooperative Plan Advisory Committee
2. Nett outlot sale
3. Calumet Fire Department Open House - 10/14/2017 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
4. Certified Survey Maps
Public comments and questions pertaining to town business
Kristin A. Marcoe, Clerk
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information, or to request this service, please contact Kristin Marcoe at 921-5224.
MONTHLY BOARD MEETING
September 11, 2017
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Member present: Chairman Joe Thome, Supervisors John Abler, Bill Gius, Jim Rosenthal II and Tim Simon. Also present: Clerk Kristin Marcoe, Treasurer Kathy Diederich and Road Maintenance Manager Randy Rieder.
Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance:
Chairman Thome called the meeting to order at 7:00pm. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of Meeting Minutes:
Motioned by John Abler, second by Jim Rosenthal II, to approve the minutes of the August 14, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting. Motion carried (5-0).
Park & Rec. Advisory Council: John Abler stated a volunteer work day to clean the park is scheduled for Saturday morning, September 16, 2017. The Herman's Park pavilion is complete.
Road Department Managers Report: Randy Rieder informed the Board the remaining chip-sealing work will be completed next week and Fond du Lac County finished their contracted work on Lakeview and Bittersweet. The snowplow equipment is being installed on the truck and there is a need for an additional snowplow driver. A CDL is required. Jim Rosenthal II expressed an interest.
Review Financial Reports:
The August financial reports were presented by Treasurer Kathy Diederich. There is adequate cash to pay the August invoices. Revenues were recorded from government sources (2nd installment from the tax revenue from the county, cable franchise and any special meetings). Motioned by Chairman Thome, second by Bill Gius to approve the financial report. Motion carried (5-0).
Approval of Town Bills:
Motioned by Tim Simon, second by Jim Rosenthal II to approve the bills (order #351-380). Motion carried (5-0).
1. Citation Powers: Chairman Thome asked John Abler to expand on additional information regarding constable citation powers. Supervisors discussed and recommended citation powers be limited to:
a. Title 7 - Chapter 1: Licensing of Dogs and Regulation of Animals
i. Covering the entire Town of Taycheedah
b. Title 11: Offenses and Nuisances
i. Covering Taycheedah Parks and Properties and balance of Town as per item d. listed below.
c. Title 12: Parks and Navigable Waters
i. Covering Taycheedah Parks and Properties only
1. Section 11-2-4: Disorderly Conduct
2. Section 11-3-1: Destruction of Property Prohibited
3. Section 11-3-2: Littering
d. All other citation ordinances will be at the direction of the Town Board when there is lack of resolution.
Ann Simon expressed concern about the possible increase in taxes to cover citation expenses for the Parks.
Mike Holzman reminded everyone that past issues were always brought in front of the board for resolution.
Chairman Thome informed everyone that the current procedures regarding weed violation notices is not accurate according to Attorney Parmentier.
Motioned by John Abler the above citation powers to the constable, second by Bill Gius. Motion Carried (5-0).
2. Freund Cheese Factory: Chairman Thome and Paul Freund discussed the sale of the Cheese Factory.
a. Paul would like this finalized by October 30, 2017.
b. Chairman Thome gathered costs to remove the building. He informed the board it will be approximately $6,000.00-$7,000.00 in addition to the sale of the building of $10,700.00 totaling $17,700.00.
c. Public comments in regards to installing a 3-way stop sign in place of removing the building. If approved would similar actions be taken with other buildings in the road right-of-way.
d. Ray Christ Appraisals appraised of the building.
e. Chairman Thome suggested the option of a private buyer to pay for the building and the Town of Taycheedah would fund the demolition.
f. Randy Rieder stated if the building was removed the concern of planting trees, bushes etc. be limited so visibility is not an issue in the future.
Jim Rosenthal II motioned to put this in the upcoming budget for 2018, second by John Abler. Motion Carried (5-0).
1. Appoint Intergovernmental Cooperative Plan Advisory Committee: Bill Gius and Mike Nett have accepted committee positions.
2. Nett Outlot sale: Mike Nett has two (2) lots by Sunset Drive approximately 66'x200' and 66'x230" he would like to sell. Chairman Thome was informed by Sam Tobias these lots cannot be sold. Jim Rosenthal II will work with Mike Nett to gather additional information on how to proceed.
3. Calumet Fire Department Open House: Chairman Thome was asked by the Calumet Fire Department to inform everyone their open house is October 14, 2017 from 10am - 2pm.
4. Certified Survey Maps: None were presented.
5. Budget Workshop: Monday, October 9, 2017 at 6pm.
6. Planning Board Workshop: Chairman Thome will arrange a workshop for the Planning Board Members with Jeff Sanders.
Supervisor John Abler informed everyone Mt. Calvary Ambulance is short staffed. Staff occasionally is contracted out. Valder's has expressed an interest in taking over this service. Negotiations are in progress.
An inquiry was made if the missing chainsaw and chains have been found. These have been missing approximately 1-1/2 years.
Gyr Wall - nothing has been done regarding the painting of the fence. On June 14, 2017 the Town Board Members motioned the fence be completed within 30 days. Mike Blank is talking to an attorney regarding this matter.
Bill Gius asked all in attendance to recognize a moment of silence in honor of September 11, 2001.
Motion to adjourn by Jim Rosenthal II, second by John Abler. Motion carried (5-0). Meeting adjourned at 8:25 pm.
Kristin A. Marcoe
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home