Monday, November 13 2017
TIME: 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
TOWN OF TAYCHEEDAH
Monthly Board Meeting
Monday, November 13th, 2017
7:00 p.m., at the Town Hall
W4295 Kiekhaefer Parkway
Fond du Lac, WI
Call to order.
Pledge of Allegiance.
Approval of meeting minutes.
• Park & Rec. Advisory Council.
• Road Dept. Manager's Report.
Review financial reports.
• Approval of Town bills.
1. Kennel Licenses
2. Mt. Calvary Ambulance
3. Constable Authority Ordinance
1. Holyland Snowflyers - Sno-Bol
2. IoH - Annual reaffirm position - Continue to take the "do nothing approach" (follow state standards).
3. Old Snowplow Truck - auction
4. Bond Ordinance
5. Utility Ordinance
6. Cooperative Plan Advisory Committee
7. Siren Warnings
8. Certified Survey Maps
Public comments and questions pertaining to town business
Kristin A. Marcoe, Clerk
Please note, upon reasonable notice, efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of disabled individuals through appropriate aids and services. For additional information, or to request this service, please contact Kristin Marcoe at 921-5224.
MONTHLY BOARD MEETING
November 13, 2017
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Member present: Chairman Joe Thome, Supervisors John Abler, Bill Gius, Jim Rosenthal II and Tim Simon. Also present: Clerk Kristin Marcoe, Treasurer Kathy Diederich and Road Maintenance Manager Randy Rieder.
Call to order and Pledge of Allegiance:
Chairman Thome called the meeting to order at 7:00pm. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of Meeting Minutes:
Motioned by John Abler, second by Jim Rosenthal II to approve the minutes of the October 9, 2017 Monthly Board Meeting. Motion carried (5-0).
Park & Rec. Advisory Council: John Abler stated traffic signs were made and are in place for the upcoming 2018 trail use. The Holyland Snowflyers will be clearing out an area to accommodate additional parking on the North side of the track within the next few weeks. The gator is in need of 4 new tires and has shown signs of lack of power hauling or going uphill. John mentioned the possibility of purchasing a used 4-wheeler with a hitch for possibly pulling the ski groomer. Discussion of 4-wheelers may not have enough power for towing capabilities. Chairman Thome will look into this further.
Road Department Managers Report: Randy Rieder informed the Board the new truck is on site. The Gladstone Beach culvert was cemented today.
Review Financial Reports:
The financial reports were presented by Treasurer Kathy Diederich. October was a slow month. There is adequate cash to pay the invoices. Significant revenues were received (State Transportation Aid and State shared Revenue). Currently working on the assessment specials and preparing for the 2017 tax bills. Motioned by Jim Rosenthal II, second by Chairman Thome to approve the financial report. Motion carried (5-0).
Approval of Town Bills:
Motioned by Chairman Thome, second by John Abler to approve the bills (order #414-446). Motion carried (5-0).
1. Kennel Licenses: The current ordinance requires any resident having more than 2 dogs or 2 cats should obtain a kennel license. Attorney Parmentier informed Chairman Thome most ordinances are set to allow 3 dogs. Chairman Thome motioned to amend the Town of Taycheedah ordinance to 3 dogs and 4 cats per subdivision household, second by Bill Gius. Motion carried (5-0).
2. Mt Calvary Ambulance: Chairman Thome discussed the Town of Taycheedah needs representation to stay current and updated moving forward. Further discussion with the ambulance board and the other communities involved will be done by Chairman Thome.
3. Constable Authority Ordinance: The updated ordinance for the constable was presented for final approval and signature. Motioned by Jim Rosenthal II, second by John Abler to approve. Motion carried (5-0).
1. Holyland Snowflyers - Sno-Bol: Tony Fox, representative of the Holyland Snowflyers asked the Town Board for approval to host the 2018 Sno-Bol on February 3, 2018, in Kiekhaefer Park. The host asked to clear a 30x40 section of brush on the North side of the track to accommodate additional parking. Motioned by Chairman Thome to approve the 2018 Sno-Bol event and reminded to submit their COI to the Town, second by Bill Gius. Motion carried (5-0).
2. IoH - Annual reaffirm position: Consideration and action regarding Implements of Husbandry applicable to the 2018 calendar. Motioned by John Abler, second by Tim Simon to be consistent with the County and select "Do nothing approach," which means they follow state standards. Motion Carried (4-0). Chairman Thome absent from vote.
3. Old Snowplow Truck - auction: Road Maintenance Manager Randy Rieder asked the Board Members approval to sell the truck on the WI Surplus Auction site. Motioned by John Abler, second by Tim Simon to approve. Motion carried (5-0).
4. Bond Ordinance: The Legislature changed the requirement for tax collection bonding. Act 52, Tax Collection bonds must be in the amount no less than the amount of state and county taxes apportioned to the municipality. The Town of Taycheedah tax levy is approximately $3 million. Treasurer Kathy Diederich was informed by the insurance company our premium would increase approximately $1,900.00. The Town of Taycheedah can approve an ordinance to keep our current bond issued is in the amount of $250,000.00 if they state within the ordinance the Town takes responsibility in case the town treasurer fails to do so. Motioned by Bill Gius, second by Tim Simon to limit the bond ordinance to $250,000.00. Clerk Kristin Marcoe will work with Attorney Parmentier to draw up the ordinance for the December Town Board Meeting. Motion carried (5-0).
5. Utility Ordinance: Motioned by Bill Gius, second by John Abler to approve. Discussion by Tim Simon regarding the validity of prior passed ordinance. Clerk Marcoe referenced the Town minutes regarding the vote that approved this ordinance. Chairman Thome requested we designate an individual to issue the permits. More information is needed. Motion failed (2-3).
6. Cooperative Plan Advisory Committee: Representatives Bill Gius and Mike Nett attended the October 25, 2017 meeting. A summary of the meeting was presented by Supervisor Gius. Meetings will be held every quarter.
7. Siren Warnings: Supervisor Gius distributed an email from Bobbi Hicken, Fond du Lac County Emergency Management Director, regarding sirens working properly.
8. Certified Survey Maps: None were presented.
Motion to adjourn by Jim Rosenthal II, second by John Abler. Motion carried (5-0). Meeting adjourned at 8:15 pm.
Kristin A. Marcoe
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home