Meeting of the Electors
Thursday, November 16 2017
TIME: Immediately following the Public Budget Hearing
LOCATION: at the Taycheedah Town Hall
FURTHER NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on Thursday, November 16, 2017, immediately following the completion of the budget hearing, a Special Town Meeting of the Electors will be held pursuant to Sec. 60.12(1)(c) of Wis. Stats., for the following purpose:
1. To approve the total 2018 highway expenditures pursuant to Sec. 82.03 of Wis. Stats. if said expenditures exceed $5,000.00 per town highway miles [66.88 mi.@$5,000.00=$334,400.00].
2. To establish salaries of elected officials for the terms of office to begin in April, 2018, pursuant to Sec. 60.32 of Wis. Stats.
3. To adopt the 2017 Town tax levy, to be paid in 2018, pursuant to Sec. 60.10(1)(a) of Wis. Stats.
4. To establish the date of the 2018 Annual Meeting of the Electors.
SPECIAL MEETING OF THE ELECTORS
NOVEMBER 16, 2017
TAYCHEEDAH TOWN HALL
Chairman Thome called to order the Special Meeting of the Electors, pursuant to Section 60.12(1)(c) of Wis. Stats., at 7:25 p.m., for the purpose of approving the salaries of elected officials, approving the 2018 Highway Expenditures and adopting the 2017 tax levy.
1) To approve the total 2018 highway expenditures pursuant to Sec. 82.03 of Wis. Stat., if said highway expenditures exceed $5,000 per town highway mile (66.88 mi.@$5,000=$334,400). The 2018 Proposed Budget projects highway expenditures to be $468,180.78.
2) To establish salaries of elected officials for the terms of office to begin in April, 2018, pursuant to Sec. 60.32 of Wis. Stats. The 2018 Proposed Budget sustains the current salaries for the elected offices of Chairperson, Supervisors, Treasurer, Assessor and Constable. The following are the proposed salaries:
Supervisors $7,514.00 annually 0% increase
3) To adopt the 2017 tax levy to be paid in 2018, pursuant to Sec. 60.10(1)(a) of Wis. Stats. The 2018 Budget proposes a tax levy of $452,674.17 for operations, the maximum allowed by the State of Wisconsin imposed levy limits, and $265,981.53 for debt, for a total tax levy of $718,655.70.
4) To approve the total 2018 Public Health & Safety Fire Protection expenditures pursuant to Sec. 60.50 (1) of Wis. Stats. The 2018 Budget proposes an expenditure (capital outlay) of $10,700.00 to purchase and remove the property owned by Mr. Paul Freund. This property is known as the former Cheese Factory and is located on the corner of Church and Ledge Roads. Discussions included the validity of the Town purchasing private property, the safety of the intersection and alternate options for removal. Resident Brian Costello presented to the Electors two aerial maps of the intersection and informed the residents of operational challenges of the intersection. Following all discussions, Mike Costello motioned to approve the expenditure, second by Brian Costello. A blind tallied vote was gathered and counted by Clerk Kristin Marcoe and Treasurer Kathy Diederich. Motion carried (29-7).
Motion by Mike Costello, second by Justin Fowler, to adjourn the Special Meeting of the Electors at 8:05 p.m. Motion carried unanimously by voice vote.
|Town of Taycheedah
Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Officials | Calendar | Announcements | Legal Notices | Newsletter | Procedures | Links | History | Ordinances | Comprehensive Plan | Map | Kiekhaefer Park | Home